Set up & Dismantle
Contractors and exhibitors will not be allowed entry to the area unless a safety vest is worn.
- All organisers, contractors, exhibitors and their staff must wear safety vests during set up and dismantle of the exhibition.
- Safety vests are available from vending machines onsite for $8.00 and are required during the bump in and bump out.
- Closed toed shoes must also be worn during bump-in and bump-out.
- No children under the age of 16 are allowed during Bump in and bump out.
- No alcohol can be consumed during bump in or bump out. Alcohol service must stop at least 30 minutes prior to bump out.
Please refer to the MCEC Exhibitor Services Guide for further information on what is expected from exhibitors during bump-in and bump-out.
TESTING AND TAGGING
All portable electrical equipment, appliances and leads used on the MCEC site must be tested and tagged in accordance with Australian Standard 3760:2003 and Workplace Health & Safety Legislation. Any electrical equipment found not tested will have to be done immediately or removed from the centre. For safety reasons, double adaptors are not to be used in the centre. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure that all loose cables are secured to avoid tripping hazards and are in accordance with Australian Standard 3760:2003.
While every reasonable precaution is taken, the conference organisers and the venue accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may occur to persons or property at the exhibition resulting from any cause whatsoever.
If you require additional security or a physical presence in the exhibition area independent security staff dedicated to duty in your stand area can be engaged at the exhibitor’s cost. Please contact Business Risk International, details can be found on the last page of this manual.
Exhibitors must make provisions for the safeguarding of their goods, materials, equipment and displays at all times. Please be security conscious. Do not leave wallets, laptops, mobile telephones or any easily portable items unattended, at any time, in your stand. Exhibitors are strongly advised to remove any valuable material or equipment from their booths overnight. The protection of your property is your responsibility.
DISMANTLING EXHIBITS AND COURIER COLLECTION
The exhibition closes at 13:30 on Sunday 19 June. No exhibitor may pack down or dismantle their stands prior to this time. Pack down and dismantling is to take place strictly during the following times on Sunday 19 June:
Exhibitor pack down: 13:30-17:00
Custom stand dismantle: 17:00-21:00
At the conclusion of the exhibition, it is the responsibility of the exhibitor to label and arrange freight for all left over items.
- Completed consignment notes must be affixed to materials (the venue does not provide consignment notes).
- Courier companies will not collect goods unless there is a completed and signed consignment note.
- Allow sufficient time for the goods to be moved from the booth to the loading dock—all boxes must be clearly
labelled with your organisation name, contact details, and number of boxes (e.g. Box 1 of 5).
- Ensure your courier has all the relevant details with regards to the items to be collected, for instance, the name of conference and number of boxes and your contact details.
- Courier companies should be instructed to pick up freight from the Melbourne Exhibition Centre Loading Dock on Monday 20 June by 1800 hours and must be completed by 2100 hours on Tuesday 21 June. Any items left after this time will be discarded by the venue.